Stira Electric Timber Loft Ladders
The Stira Semi Automatic Electric Timber Loft Ladder brings push button automation to the Stira timber loft ladder.
The system features intelligent safety awareness, by constantly measuring its progress the system can recognise when something is jamming or pulling on the trapdoor.
This means if anyone was to accidentally get a finger or hand stuck in the trapdoor whiles its closing the Stira will know this and perform an emergency stop.
The Stira Semi Automatic Electric Timber Loft Ladder is designed to be a strong domestic attic stairs that will last a lifetime. It has unique design features that allow the stairs to be highly flexible so it can be custom built either for extra high ceilings, extra large trapdoor openings or for tight spaces where walls obstruct the normal use of a folding attic stairs or loft ladder.
The deluxe loft handrail for the Stira Loft Ladder sits in the loft and is secured to the loft floor. This gives you added security when getting towards the top of the loft ladder. This item can be added at a reduced rate with your loft ladder purchase.
The Stira folding attic stairs features a substantial outer frame which is 108mm x 32mm, this deep frame gives the Stira a solid attachment to the joists in the attic. The outer frames importance is often overlooked but it is essential as this frame will be carrying the weight of the stairs through the hinges and linkage arms, which are the main load baring parts of any folding stairs or loft ladder.
The inner frame of the Stira that attaches the ladder to the outer frame is unique to Stira, this rigid frame allows us to vary the opening size of the Stira making it much bigger or smaller without affecting the mechanics of the stairs. As we don’t attach the ladder directly to the trapdoor this allows the standard lid of the Stira to be replaced with an alternative lid of the customers choice.
This hinge on the bottom fold on the ladder . The hinge on the first fold of the ladder is under the most pressure, over time the hinge can slowly be pulled out of the timber by the weight that is put through it. The wraparound overcomes this problem by wrapping around the side stringer of the ladder and being screwed in place on all 3 sides spreading that pressure across a wider area.
The Stira trapdoor is now insulated and features a draught seal, this ensures the trapdoor is airtight preventing any unwanted draughts getting in and stops heat from escaping through the Stira trapdoor. In blower tests the Stira trapdoor had a leakage rate of 0.39M3. That's almost half the requirement for a passive house.
The Stira ladder is made from southern yellow pine sourced from managed forests in North America, this is the same timber used in the construction of timber frame houses. We use SAPS grade timber which is a hard wearing timber which feature minimal knots or defects. Using a strong timber has many benefits over a metal ladder. While the timber is very strong it remains flexible, and unlike with metal ladders when the timber steps bend under weight they will return to their natural state. The metal step will gradually distort more and more over time which will go on to affect other joints in the ladder.
The inner and outer frame of the Stira stairs is made from White Deal sourced from managed forests in Northern Europe. This is another strong reliable construction grade timber.
We manufacture most of the the metal parts of our stairs in our factory, we make them out of real steel, we don’t use cheap alloys. Our 10 year guarantee means a 10 year relationship with our customer, through this interaction with our customers we have been able to develop and refine each metal part to more reliable, easier to use and nicer to look at.
Works even in a power cut!
All attics contain vital systems in the home that need to be accessed at all times, the Stiramatic system comes with an emergency battery backup that allows the Stiramatic to be opened should there be need to access the attic during a power cut.
|Important Information||One remote control included.|
|Please Note||Handrails will not fit on openings only 560 mm wide.|
|More Specifications||The height from the floor to the top of the motor mechanism is 610mm|
|2-3 working day delivery after shipping date to Mainland UK, between 9am - 5.30pm. Please see product for shipping date. Some products are excluded from this delivery option.|
|Standard 1-3 working day delivery after the shipping date, between 9am-5.30pm. Please see product for shipping date.|
|GUARANTEED NEXT DAY DELIVERY|
All orders placed before 12pm Monday to Thursday will be shipped the same day for delivery the following working day.
Orders made before 12pm on Friday will be delivered on Monday and orders made after 12pm on a Friday will be deliviered Tuesday.
Please Note: Due to Covid-19 some couriers cannot guarantee a next day service. In the unlikley event this is missed we will refund the next day delivery cost and deliver your item as soon as possilbe.
|COLLECT FROM BOLTON OFFICE|
|Available 09.00-16.30, Monday to Friday. Please allow 30 minutes to prepare your order.|
Please note, not all delivery options are available for all products. All delivery times are subject to stock availability and order being placed before 12pm, Monday to Thursday. Please also be aware that some items may arrive separately due to various stock locations.
Where Do You Deliver To?
We deliver to all postal areas in the UK, including England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
Please note, an extra delivery charge will be applicable for deliveries to Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Guernsey and the following postcodes: AB21-56, PH11-44, IV1-56, PA20-88, All ZE, HS, KA, KY, G84. One of our Sales Administrators will contact you with the details.
Deliveries to these postcodes are likely to have a longer lead time. This is due to the couriers used to access these locations.
How Much Does it Cost?
- Delivery cost depends on the size and weight of the item that you are buying. The majority of product on our website are free delivery to mainland UK, however larger items such as warehouse steps may occur an extra charge. For non-mainland UK addresses simply enter your postcode at checkout and this will generate a cost for delivery. Some items to non-mainland UK require a bespoke delivery quote and our team will be happy to assist.
What if I'm not in when you deliver?
- Ladderstore.com deliveries are made on Mondays to Fridays (unless a Saturday pre-noon delivery has been requested) between 9am and 5.30pm. We realise that occasionally we may try to deliver an order and you (or the intended recipient) may not be available. If there is another location to leave the delivery such as a safe place or with a neighbour the courier may opt for one of these alternatives. If it is not possible for the courier to leave the item elsewhere, the courier will leave a card at the delivery address confirming that they have attempted delivery. This card contains a contact number so you can speak directly to the couriers and agree a mutually convenient delivery time or alternatively, to arrange for you to collect the order directly from their depot. After three failed delivery attempts, your items will be returned to our warehouse. If a delivery has failed there may be an administration charge for failed deliveries.
Can I send things to more than one address?
- We are happy to deliver all or part of your order to addresses other than your own. You'll have the option to tell us where you want to send the items in your basket during the checkout process.
What do I do if there is a problem?
- First of all, and we cannot emphasise this enough, our couriers operate right up until 5.30pm every day. In the event that there is a problem, the best course of action is to call us on 01204 590 232.
What if the delivery looks damaged?
- We need to know within 24 hours if there is a problem with your delivery. If the delivery looks obviously damaged please refuse the delivery. If it has been left or posted, then please retain all the delivery packaging and contact us. Before returning anything to us you need to contact us and get a Returns Number. We will need an image of the damaged product in order to process your replacement or refund. When returning the product it must be adequately re-packaged when returning to us. If you have any questions, or just want to confirm the details before you order then please call us on 01204 590 232, or by email on [email protected]
Returns & Replacements
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition and in adequate packaging within 30 days of the date you received the item for a full refund. If we need to arrange a collection on your behalf we will inform you of these costs before collecting your item and this amount will be deducted from your refund.
Certain items are excluded from this guarantee. This includes items that are made to measure or made to order.
Please Note - If you are a business there may be a restocking fee, depending on the item ordered.
Please ensure that you contact us before returning anything as you will need a valid returns number to accompany your products. At this stage, we will advise you on the next steps, as some items will be collected from you. If you have any questions, or just want to confirm the details before you order then please call us on 01204 590 232, or by email on [email protected]
How Do I Cancel an Order?
If you want to cancel an order that has not yet been delivered then you need to contact us as soon as possible. We will try and stop delivery so that a delivery charge is not incurred. Orders are normally processed immediately so we may have already packaged your order and made arrangements for it to be sent to you. If this is the case then we cannot always stop the order from being sent.
If you have received delivery and you want to cancel the order and return the goods, then you need to call, or email, so that we can send you a returns number.
In both cases, it will be helpful if you have the order number (from your order confirmation, or any update emails) and the date you placed the order handy. We will take some details and give you a returns number. This number has to accompany the return, both on the outside of the packaging and somewhere inside on a piece of paper.
We will expect the goods to be received back in our warehouse within 10 working days from notification of cancellation.
Please note: We will not refund your costs in returning the item to us unless you return the item to us because of an error on our part or because it is faulty. If you are a business there may be a restocking fee, depending on the item ordered.
We cannot cancel items made to your requirements if the manufacture of this item has been started. If you wish to cancel a bespoke product and the technical drawing has already been created, there may be a charge to cancel your order.
For your protection, we recommend that you use a Recorded Delivery service. We cannot issue refunds for goods that fail to reach us. Please note that you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us unless we have delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty.
Our returns policy does not cover goods made to order or bespoke items. They are not returnable.
How Do I Return My Order?
Please ensure that you contact us before returning anything as you will need a valid returns number.
- Returns should be made within 30 days and in an adequate condition and suitably packaged for transit. You must include the original despatch note in the package you are returning to us
- Ring us on 01204 590 232 or email us at [email protected] to notify us you'd like to return your item. Please quote your order number on your returned item.
We will then advise you what address to send the return to or arrange a collection of the product. (If damaged)
When Will I Get My Refund?
All returns arriving at our warehouse are processed within 3 working days. Unless we need to contact you further your refund will usually be processed with 7 days of receiving the returned goods and the absolute maximum time is taken should be no more than 30 days from you first contacting us to organise the return. Please remember that you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us unless we have delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty. If a discount was applied to your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted to allow for the revised order value and appropriate discount level.
Depending on how your order was paid for will depend on how we process the refund. Please see below for more information:
Payment via Card Online - Our system uses Sagepay and this encrypts your card details. We are however able to refund you on the card which was used at the time of purchase. You will usually see this refund on your bank statement within 3-5 business days.
Payment via Paypal - Paypal refunds are refunded directly to the account who made the purchase. This will usually show in your account within 3 to 5 days.
Payment on Account - If your payment has been made by purchase order we will issue you with a credit note against your account.
Payment via Phone - Any payments taken over the phone uses an analogue phone line to keep your data secure. We key your details directly into a terminal which uses a separate 4g connection. As we do not store your details at all, we will require you to give us a call with the details of the card you paid on to make the refund.
Payment via Bank Transfer - If you have paid for your order via bank transfer, again we do not have your bank details. In order for the refund to go ahead, we will need your account number and sort code to process the refund.
About your Statutory Rights?
- Returning goods to Ladderstore.com for any reason does not affect your statutory rights. By law, customers located in the European Union have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. For more information about your statutory rights on the Which Consumer Rights Website.