This course provides successful delegates of the ladder association users course with a nationally recognised certification enabling them to safely use ladders & step ladders.
As a natural and logical extension of its activities, the Ladder Association, formerly the British Ladder Manufacturers Association (BLMA), now operates a national training scheme for users, supervisors and managers wanting to equip themselves with the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to use ladders legally and safely. This ladder association ladder users course enables users to safely use stepladders and extension ladders.
Written with guidance from the UK's leading experts on ladder manufacture, maintenance and safety, the Ladder Association scheme addresses all the issues raised by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and, more recently, the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Demonstration of competence is a key requirement of the new regulations and successful completion of the Ladder Association training course provides proof of such competence. Delivered only by Ladder Association approved training centres, the course objectives aim to enable delegates to:
- Select appropriate work at height equipment for a task
- Assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders and stepladders
- Correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders
- Inspect ladders and stepladders for damage
And ensure delegates have an understanding of:
- Legislation and regulations affecting work at height
- Product standards and classifications for ladders and stepladders
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders and stepladders
Upon successful completion of the ladder association- ladder users course, every delegate receives a certificate and Ladder Association photo card as objective proof of competence. All centres are audited annually to ensure their continuing compliance with the high standards of the scheme.
The Ladderstore training facility in Bolton runs a fixed course each month and takes individual bookings as well as group bookings. Companies with larger training requirements can book additional training days at the centre or arrange for onsite training to be delivered by Ladderstore.
- Health & Safety, Current Legislation on Ladders & Usage
- Am I using the correct item for the job?
- Reasons and Methods for Pre-Use Ladder Inspection
- Pre-use Ladder Inspection demonstration
- Ladder & Step Defects
- Risk Assessment & User Responsibilities
- Theory Assessment
- Question & Answer Session
Who is this course for?
Personnel who are involved in the use of Ladders, Step Ladders and Podium Steps.
Intended Learning Objectives
Updated to reflect the requirements of the Work at Height Regulations this course gives an appreciation of the hazards and measures required to control the risks associated with the use of Ladders & Step ladders.
Ladder Association Ladder Users Course
To book a date on the next course or for more information please call on 01204 590 232.
£92 / delegate.
The courses are accredited by the Ladder Association who provide the photo ID cards and certificates. There is a £13 registration fee for each card which is charged separately to course.