Pruning & Trimming Not A Problem for Horticulture Company
Greencut Horticulture Ltd provides tree care and environmental services in the South East of England. Pruning and trimming of hedgerows & smaller trees and high canopy access make up a large part of their workload. The Zarges Skymaster ladder provided by Ladderstore has simplified these jobs.
"Our recent order from Ladderstore was to replace two old sets of exactly the same ladders which have been integral to our tree surgery operations for the last few years. The Working at Height regulations 2005 had quite a significant effect on our industry and forced contractors such as ourselves who try to ensure general compliance, to really think about canopy access and the implications of working at height" says Navin Sehmi, Operations Director at Greencut Horticulture.
"For the majority of the time we access and work around the canopies of trees using a rope and harness once we have risk assessed the tree to ensure that it is safe to do so, but our ladders are also a crucial part of canopy access as they can minimise fatigue by getting us closer to our top anchor point with less exertion. General duties such as hedge trimming and pruning of small trees are almost exclusively carried out on a ladder so for us, not owning a set is not even an option. Our operatives are trained in the process of installing the ladders into trees, setting up A-frames next to hedges and obviously work in teams to allow appropriate footing where necessary."
The Zarges 3 Part Skymaster Ladder is six ladders in one! It can be used free-standing (A-frame), as a trestle step, single, double or triple extension ladder, or even a stairway ladder.
In addition to using the Zarges Skymaster ladders on a daily basis, Greencut Horticulture has also adopted our Ladder Log Inspection System to ensure they are using safe, work-ready equipment.
"We have adopted the Ladder Log Inspection System for inventory and periodic checks to ensure compliance with PUWER (Provisions and Use of Work Equipment Regs). Ladder Log has ticked a huge box for us as it's resolved the issue of ensuring that ladders are safe, undamaged and fit for purpose. In addition to this, I have found that our operatives take greater care with our ladders as they know that we inspect them regularly."
Ladder Log has a number of benefits over other inspection systems -
- Ladder Log Ladder Inspection tags & holders cost much less than competing products
- Ladder Log Ladder Inspection tags have more inspections per insert so they last longer
- The 'Do Not Use' warning is on the reverse of the tag so there is no need to buy additional tags - you simply turn it around
- You can download the latest Ladder Log ladder inspection checklists & register documents for free
- The weatherproof, fully enclosed, tag holder is ideal for use in even the harshest of industrial environments
- Tag holders come with the nylon ties to attach them to your ladders......for free.**
- The tag holder is see-through, allowing a visual inspection of the area under the tag holder for damage.
- The A4 Ladder Register & Inspection Summary folder allows you to implement the Ladder Log system with minimum hassle.
"Purchasing from Ladderstore was very easy. A nice, well laid out website which I found to be very user-friendly and communication post-purchase was also good. All in all, I would definitely recommend (and already have done) Ladderstore to friends and colleagues and was very happy to provide a link on our company Facebook page which I did upon receipt of our ladders."