Ladder Staging Roof Access The Ladder Staging System is designed to provide a safe and secure high level work platform up to 7.5 metres high with a safe working load of 270kg. When used in conjunction with BS EN131 trade quality ladders and our Ankalad Ladder Stabilisers the staging system complies with BS Edge Protection and will meet the approval of your H&S Inspector.
There are alternative products that do a similar job, see the foot of the page for a list of alternative products, but the staging system has some key advantages:
- It is relatively cheaper than most alternatives as you use your existing ladders
- It takes up less space as again you are using your existing ladders
- Where the ground is uneven such as in gardens with shrubbery and other obstacles you can use a ladder where a tower couldn't be used
- It is very fast to setup and can be erected by one person for platform heights up to 3m
- The platform comes in standard sizes up to 5 metres long, but additional ladders can be used to assemble a continous and unlimited run of staging
- The system can be used with two roof ladders to make a safe roof access platform
- You can purchase any of the componants from us in the future to extend the system as your needs grow
The equipment consists of a handed pair of support brackets that mount onto your ladder and are attached two rungs apart. Each support bracket has a telescopic strut, which enables the support arm to be made horizontal very quickly and locked into position. There are four corner posts that are rapidly locked into place on the staging brackets using captive thumbscrews. The corner posts are fitted with U bolts and L bolts to accept the handrails and toe boards. Finally the Staging Board is mounted across the support brackets and locked into place using the captive L bolts. The 4 metre and 5 metre boards need a Mid Board Post to support the hand rails.
Staging Kit contains -
- Staging Board
- Handrails (1 side and 1 end standard extra handrails are an optional extra)
- End Rails
- Erection tees
- Mid Board Posts (Included in 4m and 5m kits only )
Ladder Staging Roof Access The staging Boards have a Safe Working Load of 270Kg in accordance with the requirements of BS2037, evenly distributed over their length and are of welded alunimium construction. They are finished with "Rhino-board" boards with non slip work surfaces and are produced in lengths of 2, 3, 4, and 5 metres. The 4 and 5 metre boards have sockets on each side two metres from one end to accept the Mid Board Post, which supports the handrails.
The Mid Board Post has U bolts and an L bolt to retain handrails and toe boards on Staging Boards of 4 and 5 metres in length. These support the handrails, which are of 2 or 3 metres in length. End rails are 750mm.
The system also comes with Erection Tees to make it easier to place the Staging Board in position from the ground. The handle simply slides into a handrail and the channel section is placed under a rung on the Staging Board. Repeat at the other end and the board is then hoisted into position.
To make life easier for our customers you simply have to decide which length of staging you want i.e a 2, 3, 4, or 5 metre staging system and we will supply everything that you need.These kits include brackets, posts, handrails, staging boards and erection tees. The customer must supply the toe board, normally a length of 6 x 1 timber.